This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to create meta tags for sites having more then 1000 pages?
05-25-2014, 01:00 PM
How to create meta tags for sites having more then 1000 pages?
if we will create same meta tags for all pages then Google will penalize our site.
Thanks for your reply... well i dont have any site ... but in my interview one person ask me this question... here i am talking about general site... i just want overview,.. related to it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 01:05 PM

create the same tags for all pages except where content needs different tags . Not sure what your problem is...

Ads

05-25-2014, 01:16 PM

It depends upon the platform you are using and the category of your website. please let me know your websites architecture. then i will try to resolve your problem.

requested informations are
for eg:
Website domain - directory website, article website, classifieds etc
Platform - Joomla, Wordpress etc
Architecture - Home --> categories --> city --> data page

Please edit your questions and add additional information if it is possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us.
05-25-2014, 01:28 PM

you have to create unique Individual meta tags for each page... dont duplicate the meta tags.
05-25-2014, 01:36 PM

Its simple. It your website is News related website, then keep your Meta title as the title of the News, For description you can keep it blank and let Google fetch the best suitable description for that particular news.

If your website has huge pages, and have pagination on them, then you can think of putting the page numbers at then end of title and description to make them unique.

If your site is related to stock research then you can set custom titles and description. Say for instance instead of mentioning Infosys Share Price, Bhel share price you can set your title as (company name) share price in your backend or html code so that the company name is automatically fetched. Ths making your titles and descriptions unique.
05-25-2014, 01:47 PM

No need to give the meta tags for every single page if a website contains 1000 pages, must give the different meta tags for the main pages.
Don't give duplicate keywords on every single page.

[IT MUST BE DEPEND ON THE PLATFORM]
05-25-2014, 01:55 PM

If your website having more then 1000 pages then in this condition you can use pattern method in website meta tags.
05-25-2014, 02:07 PM

for static pages , you must add the meta tags.

for dynamic pages, it will take automatically, if you want to change the meta tags. then consult the developer and rewrite the metatags.

hope you understand