This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my parents to buy me an iPhone?
05-25-2014, 05:36 PM
How do I convince my parents to buy me an iPhone?
Sorry if this is long but please read!
I'm turning 13 in July, and all my friends are already 13 (I'm the baby of the whole year group). I have wanted an iPhone since I got my first when I was 9, I have had a Blackberry 9300 for 4 years now, it's mint condition but let's face it, Blackberry's are useless.
I have extremely good grades for all subjects and I prove to my parents I'm responsible. My dad has agreed to buying me one but my mother refuses to - she can't trust me! Hence the reasons above, I don't see why I can't have one. They have enough money - it will be my Birthday and Christmas present. Even if it smashed, I would still have it, this phone will be mine for the rest of my years - iPhones can't get any better! It's not because of popularity, I'm extremely popular and I have my own unique personality - I've been classed as very mature for my age. How do I get one!?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM

just say to your mum
if you smash it you'll keep it
if you break it then you'll go back to your blackberry until you can afford to replace/fix the iphone.
&get your dad to talk to your mum & then she might come around!
its not the end of the world if you don't get one so don't worry!
just keep trying to convince her!

Ads

05-25-2014, 05:49 PM

It's really not our decision on how to get you an iPhone. iPhones are really useless if you're just gonna use it for Facebook, texting, and talking on the phone. It's not worth spending $500 just to do three things.
I use Android which is still great, I don't play games, and all that crap that you can do on an iPhone. It's just useless to me.
05-25-2014, 05:51 PM

At 13 years old and you're stating it's not because of popularity but you want one despite having a unique personality? I think the real reason is because you want one like everybody else. No saying that's shameful, but that sounds more like the truth.

If you want to convince them, try to answer the following:
-why you actually want one; and compare this with why everyone else seems to have one
-what you will do with if if you get one; and compare whether or not you will actually use it to what you say
-whether your argument that your existing phone, your blackberry, being useless is a good argument (because unless a phone is broken or not working properly, it is not useless)
-whether your claim that this iPhone will be yours "rest of your years" even if you broke it, is a claim your mother can take seriously

I think there's a reason why your mom doesn't trust you. Perhaps you say a lot of things but don't act on them? Perhaps your personal situation doesn't warrant another phone? Maybe you regularly drop or otherwise damage items so your mom doesn't want you to buy a shiny but fragile phone only to break it later? A phone is a method of contact and communication, not simply a toy that you can show off to everyone.

If you cannot understand anything I have just said, I do not think you need another phone, nor can think long or hard enough on it.