This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow internet on one computer makes the internet slow on others?
05-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Slow internet on one computer makes the internet slow on others?
Whenever I'm on this one computer, the internet is slow. Sometimes it's normal, but it's usually slow. Now this doesn't happen on other computers, just the one. My biggest problem is that when the internet runs slow on the one computer, it makes the entire wifi slow. I can't use the internet on an iPod or another computer because now it's slow because of the one computer. It only happens on this computer. If I don't use this computer for like a day, the wifi is fine. But if I use the computer, wifi will go in between slow and normal. I don't understand why this happens. I hope I explained this well enough. It just frustrates me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 06:32 PM

Maybe that computer have some program like utorrent, bittorrent or some proram that use internet contantly. Even if you do not download torrent, but torrent application is running, internet can be slow. Check if that computer have some torrent client that start automaticly after startup and try to turn off torrent client to see. Otherwise, also other applications can use internet all the time or you have some virus on that comuter.

Wifi router separate internet to all connected devices and if one device use internet, internet is slower also to other connected devices. All devices share same internet connection

Ads

05-25-2014, 06:45 PM

the computer may be using more bandwidth than your other wireless devices are perhaps your router is overloaded and you could benefit from a new one

it may also be an ISP issue what internet speeds do you recive check here: speedtest.net
05-25-2014, 06:48 PM

Is this computer older? If so, it's probably using an older WiFi technology. When your WiFi router is communicating with an older technology like 802.11b/g and other devices are using something newer like 802.11n, the router has to perform twice the work. Basically the router is speaking two different languages at a time.

Other things you can try is cleaning up old files and deleting browsing history. A program called Ccleaner helps to do that and can also run registry fixes. Update any wireless card drivers if needed and run a defrag of the hard drive.

And always check for viruses, spyware and malware too.