This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm am so obsessed with my looks it's ruining my life what do I do?
05-25-2014, 08:27 PM

understand you very well, I'm on the same situation...

Maybe is a mental disorder? You should go to a psychologist

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2014, 08:31 PM

its ok.

Ads

05-25-2014, 08:39 PM

First of all: you aren't ugly. Trust me, you are a beautiful person who just lost her way. You need to rediscover and find the You that exists apart from what you see in the mirror. Turn off the computer, put away the magazines and stay away from the mirror. Forget about your appearance for a while and get out and do things for people who are less fortunate than you, volunteer to read stories to kids and the library, spend an hour a week helping others. Turn your focus away from yourself for a while and focus on other people. Do something with your time that doesn't involve your make-up or hair: join a sport, take up bowling, try sky diving, zip-lining, motorcycle racing, wilderness hiking whatever! Focus on things outside yourself and try to improve the inside. The better you feel inside the better you will feel about the outside. Once you feel better about your insides the outside will also feel better and by extension look better.

I actually work in fashion and I find getting away from clothes and make-up helps me stay centered and reminds me that there's more to life than myself. You need balance in your life and focusing so much on yourself has thrown you off balance.
05-25-2014, 08:42 PM

Yeah, I am in a similar situation. It is so annoying.
But, I am sure you're a great person and looks aren't everything. Well, that is what I tell myself.