This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to build a price comparison website........?
05-26-2014, 01:24 AM
I want to build a price comparison website........?
I want to build a price comparison website........, but I found some software that costs 599 dollars, too pricey. I will have like 5 or 6 different camera pictures stacked vertically on the left and the prices on the right so people can shop and compare and I want affiliate commission on whichever camera they buy, is this even achievable. I have heard a bout a Wordpress plugin but have no idea what it is called.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 01:25 AM

You should be able to find inexpensive scripts by web searching: "comparison site script"
There are lots of "Amazon Store" plugins for wordpress that you might be able to adopt to your application, some will automatically scrape catalog pages from Amazon.

Try searching: "Amazon Store" plugin for wordpress

The big comparison sites get feeds from the merchants which automatically keep the site up to date. While the Amazon affiliate fees are meager, their high conversion rates make up the difference.

Ads

05-26-2014, 01:27 AM

There are some very good themes you can use to make price comparison website. I prefer themes since they have all the functions and proper design.

There is also a plugin called Price Table, but it has far fewer options.