This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why doesn't YouTube work well with Chrome?
05-26-2014, 03:27 AM
Why doesn't YouTube work well with Chrome?
Without a doubt, YouTube is my favorite website. I spend at least two hours a day watching videos and writing comments. Everything worked great with YouTube until about a year ago. I was using Chrome and all at once it became unresponsive to anything on YouTube. It would take 18 minutes to load the initial page. I switched to Firefox and that seemed to remedy the problem for about 5 weeks. Firefox also started crashing and becoming unstable. I put up with it for a couple of months and switched back to Chrome. It's not as bad as it was a year ago but it's getting there. It's far too slow to load. I keep getting the "pages unresponsive" message and videos change without any prompting from me. I have to think the problem is with YouTube because I don't have any of these problems with other websites. Disabling all my extensions helps a little bit but not much. Even though my computer is 9 years old, just about everything has been upgraded at least once.. I'm using the XP operating system and I'm connected to the internet via my neighbor's router password. Is there anything I can do to improve my YouTube experience, because this really sucks. Someone suggested I change my DNS server, but I don't think I'm computer literate enough to make those kind of changes. Is there another website similar to YouTube? Any responses to would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry Chappell
San Francisco, California.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 03:39 AM

1. Open a new tab in Chrome.

2. In the address bar, type about:plugins, then press Enter.

3. In the upper-right corner of the window, locate and click the plus sign next to Details.

4. Look for Adobe Flash Player, which on my system was the top entry. Immediately below that, you should see two Shockwave Flash entries. Look at the Location lines for both; you want the one that references PepperFlash. (Again, on my system, this was the first of the two. It looked like this:

C:\Users\Aspire8950\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ 24.0.1312.52\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll)

5. Once you find that entry, click Disable.

6. Exit Chrome, wait a few seconds for it to fully terminate, and then restart it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply