This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Firefox and Google Chrome Partners?
05-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Are Firefox and Google Chrome Partners?
so my firefox browser updated and when it launched, real big on the page it says i should download Google Chrome. Isn't that another browser? And why would one browser promote another? And for those who use both, which do you prefer and why? i just got a new computer and dont' want to put too much junk on there unless it's worthwhile so would appreciate some feedback before i take the plunge.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 07:17 AM

It was probably something on your browser's homepage, or maybe google sponsored firefox.

Either way, they AREN'T partners.

Ads

05-26-2014, 07:23 AM

Clearly your homepage is set to Google. It's a lightweight browser, but nothing special.
05-26-2014, 07:27 AM

The browser isn't promoting Chrome, whatever website you were on was.
No, they aren't partners.
I use Firefox for safety and Opera for speed. Firefox isn't slow by any means, but I like the safety that the add-ons give me. Add-ons like AdBlock Plus, EasyList, and WOT are a must-have if you use Firefox.
Chrome is very fast, but lacks add-on support and a proper ad-blocker.
You can use them both, browsers don't take up any real room at all.
05-26-2014, 07:34 AM

They r not partners...sometimes when u enter the google page it shows a box which says download google chrome..it shows it on all browsers
05-26-2014, 07:39 AM

Is your homepage set to Google.com, because you might have been seeing an advert from Google on their page advertising the browser.

Chrome has been praised for loadinf webpages quickly, but lacks the addon support that Firefox has. Chrome is also still in beta so may be buggy.

You could always install both, then use them at the same time to see which you like best.

If you want comparisons try:

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/w...3-1-462848

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=g...e+chrome+v
05-26-2014, 07:53 AM

they're browsers. they are competitors of course.
05-26-2014, 08:01 AM

because mozilla's firefox main page is a custom google search engine it will display as from google most likely for the chrome broswer like on youtube. Smile
05-26-2014, 08:08 AM

they arent partners.
Mozilla make Firefox, and obviously Google make Chrome.
On some websites (eg. youtube) the come up with a box saying 'click here to install firefox, or click here to download google chrome.'