This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I connect an optic fiber cable to the Asus RT-N10E 150Mbps High Speed Wireless N Router Wi-Fi for an internet connec
05-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Can I connect an optic fiber cable to the Asus RT-N10E 150Mbps High Speed Wireless N Router Wi-Fi for an internet connec
This is not the case where I'm using a broadband internet connection provided by BSNL India. Optic fiber cable is used instead of the phone line. Hope you understand the case because I don't have the knowledge to explain more. So please let me know. Thanks.

Pete Smile
@ Everyone & Kristian. Thanks for your replies. I'm not familiar with the optic fiber connection. So I don't have a clue how others use their optic fiber cable for an internet connection. Will the converter effect broadband speeds?
@ Everyone & Kristian. Thanks for your replies. I'm not familiar with the optic fiber connection. So I don't have a clue how others use their optic fiber cable for an internet connection. Will the converter effect broadband speeds?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 09:50 AM

It can be done, but not directly. Regular home routers only support copper network cables. They won't have a port for a fiber cable. What you need is a fiber to copper converter to plug the fiber in to and give you a copper port to plug in to your router. How do others use their service if they just give them a fiber cable?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply