This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anyone else having trouble with youtube currently?
05-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with youtube currently?
Any video I try to play, it just says "an error has occured" Is it just me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 01:04 PM

It's not just you! I'm also having issues and i'm from canada! Can I suggest using VLC player to play the videos instead, just to see if they will still work? That's what I tend to use when they won't play from the web browser. If it still doesn't work, then it turns out google has screwed EVERYBODY over. I have linked to vlc player below. It's better than any other media player to date and it works on mac, linux (it even works in the command line!) and windows too.

PS. As an alternative to google-owned youtube, there's dailymotion, vimeo, blip.tv, metacafe amongst many more, to watch videos. Break.com is another site too.

Ads

05-26-2014, 01:18 PM

'' An ERROR OCCURRED. Please try again later"  means there is/was a momentary
lapse between your computer and YouTube.  Either your internet connection was not
strong and had a small hiccup --- or your computer's Cache / Memory / PageFiling is
overwhelmed, and thus cannot take anymore.  Same if you've got conflicting Cookies.

For the 1st case, simply turn-off your modem + router for about 30 seconds and then
turn them back on again. (Note: It does not really matter which order you do them in).
For the 2nd case, simply clear your "Cache" + "Cookies" + "(Browser) History", then
shutdown and reboot.  Your YouTube should then be fine.