This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection: Connected but cannot access internet ? ?
05-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Internet Connection: Connected but cannot access internet ? ?
Have just returned from a friends who is having problems connecting to the internet. He can access email, update his virus software and ping locations and get a reply. Problem is when he starts IE it will not display anything but the usual no connection error.

His connection is wireless through a Linksys router. Another laptop in his house uses the same connection and works fine so I cant see it being a problem with the router.

In Network connections he has the following:

High Speed internet Linksys wireless connection connected with excellent signal strength.

Internet gateway - Connected.

All appears to be working as it should, Pings, email, software updates etc. Everything but Internet Explorer.

I have disabled his firewall (Norton 360) but am just having no luck at all.

Any suggestions ??? Please !!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 03:53 PM

It probably may not be something wrong with the connection.It could be a bug.Everytime I open an IE browser,it keeps telling me there's an error and needs to be closed...Really irritating.I have to keep debugging it and it pops up like...every few seconds...T.T
Also check your DSL connection.If it's not connected, you can't connect to the internet.

Ads

05-26-2014, 03:54 PM

try this on tools >> internet option >> connections tab >> lan setting >> check "automatically detect lan settings

or click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section

or click tools, click Internet Options , click Advanced , restore advanced setting or rest
05-26-2014, 03:57 PM

sounds like it could be a problem update to IE.. Try uninstalling the updates since the problem started and see if that helps