This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did my bit torrent speed go slow ?
05-27-2014, 12:32 AM
Why did my bit torrent speed go slow ?
My bit torrent speed was fast like 2 hrs ago then suddenly i got 0.6 kbps i have no idea why is tht i used to get 1.5mb as download my internet download speed is 10mb and my upload 2mb soo can i get some help ?
umm I dont use Wireless and i dont have anything thing esle on download Tongue
http://puu.sh/7Ee8c.png

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 12:43 AM

There is a few things that could cause this.

Heavy internet bandwidth usage in your local area.
Rogue program that downloads infomation. (Are you downloading anything else?)
If you have a wireless it could be a poor connection.

I recommend looking for programs that aren't using and shut them down, move your router if wireless. Restart the computer. If it doesn't improve, wait and see if it just temporary traffic.

Edit - Also the file you are downloading, if there is very little seeder or leechers, the top download speed will be lower. But if every file you are downloading is consistently slow then this isn't the case.

Ads

05-27-2014, 12:53 AM

It's probaly something in the file you're downloading
05-27-2014, 01:01 AM

Your ISP may be filtering the connection and preventing you from doing illegal activities.
05-27-2014, 01:11 AM

Is your port open? Usually in utorrent or bittorrent it shows you a green tick at the bottom right of the window if it is. Restart the torrent. Reload you peers. Increase your number of incoming connections. Look into the peers list you're downloading from and see if they have 100% of the files being downloaded. See if it helps if you add better trackers like demonii, openbittorrent. Look into the windows resource monitor and check if something else is eating up your bandwidth.