This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does mozille firefox look so outdated in linux mint?
05-27-2014, 01:11 AM
why does mozille firefox look so outdated in linux mint?
I have been using windows and firefox on there is really sleek there is more buttons on the taskbar and to me it just looks very nice but in linux mint its straight solid gray and the only buttons on the taskbar is the back arrow and home and there is no mozilla logo its just the old school file,edit,view,history ect. I checked on mozilla.com and it says i have the most up to date version is there a way to make it look better?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 01:24 AM

Versions are released from the repository, and usually are a tad bit behind what's available to the general public. (I'm guessing it's so the new versions can be examined for compliances or security aspects, plus compatibility with the Linux OS.)
If you want to add or remove buttons or functions, tick "View> Toolbars> customize> select what you want showing.

There are some tweaks you can do to 'dress up' Firefox.
I use "Personas", which gives thousands of options for backgrounds and designs, eliminating the boring monochromatic 'stock' border.

I also use "Tree Style Tabs" which puts tabs along the side margins and clears up the clutter on the top. Many more tabs (and behaviors) are capable with it.

Get those, and other Security/Privacy add-on's here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...nbarpappy/

Ads

05-27-2014, 01:33 AM

good advice already given.. i also drag my bookmarks bar bookmarks to the top section, and then hide the bookmarks bar.

having adjusted the layout of my firefox, i do not have the menu items you mention, i have a button called "Firefox" which is a full menu.

just right-click and change things to be as minimal as you want.
05-27-2014, 01:47 AM

Change your themes
Go to this website https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...form=Linux

Tools->Addons and search_search for Themes; However modern versions of Firefox are changing so quickly that the older themes do not work with them reliably....but there are still plenty that do and give you the cosmetic boost that you want.