This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should a coworker who is a friend on FB let others see your page?
05-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Should a coworker who is a friend on FB let others see your page?
I just found out that one of my coworkers has been sharing stuff on my Facebook, like pics (like me in a dress), statuses , and the like with my boss (who has said he wouldn't add me because of privacy) and my other coworker who deleted me mostly likely because his wife made him. They're all male and married. I'm single and female. I don't post anything inappropriate but I have some desire for privacy. I trust them and I don't think they meant anything by it but the two who aren't friends on FB make comments about stuff I post and didn't intend for them to see, I feel a little irritated. We're a close knit group so I don't want to insult anyone. Should people share what their FB friends are posting? Am I overreacting? Should I talk to them about it or just completely block him from seeing my posts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 10:19 PM

If you want your private life to stay private, keep it away from work. Once you post anything, it becomes public. Ditch him. He obviously doesn't care about your privacy.

Ads

05-27-2014, 10:21 PM

OMG, that co-worker is bad news! I agree with the other poster, "ditch" him... but in the sense that he is NO friend to you. You have to keep a friendly front at work, so do what you must to get your job done. But for sure, you have every right to keep your FB private and away from work.

If I were you, delete him immediately off FB, change your last name to something else and your contact email/info. That's what I did. If he asks why, or better you tell him, "I have a no-work policy on my FB." He'll get the hint. So sorry to hear that happened to you! Sheesh.