This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Copyright infringement on Facebook.?
11-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Copyright infringement on Facebook.?
So I came across a Facebook profile that was using my pics as their own. I planned sue For copyright infringement but before I could begin the process they removed all the pics so now I don't have proof. Is there anyway I could get proof?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:12 AM

First you would have to prove that it was you who originally took the pics. It would be a hard sell to any lawyer, as the privacy laws and copyright laws are in flux so much.

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:12 AM

I doubt you'll be successful either way. I formerly used copyright Youtube video segments for parts of videos I made (eg a movie piece imposed onto a blank tv screen or maybe some kind of official music as a soundtrack) and, though I stupidly had no idea I was doing anything wrong at the time (I figured copyright only applied to large scale public showing or receiving money for it, but that's obviously wrong), I was soon officially notified of "Notification of Copyright Infringement" by facebook (the company itself did this) and warned that, if I continued doing that, my account would have video and photo uploads disabled permanently.

What I'm trying to say is that I doubt you'll be successful trying to sue anyone (unless, maybe, what this person is posting is published material done by you which is sold in shops) and, at worst, you'll probably only be able to get their account partially/fully disabled (unless anything is sexually explicit but I get the impression what you're referring to isn't that kind of thing).

If they've now removed all the pictures, I think your opportunity to get them has now gone (I'm sorry to say, because I appreciate how annoying that must be).