This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think is best to do?
11-09-2012, 08:04 AM
What do you think is best to do?
Okay, so my boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over two weeks-just about three. We're both freshmen in college, and I can see this lasting a while. However, we're not sure when to make it 'Facebook Official' as many people call it. We don't think that putting it on facebook will solidify it anymore then it already is. We just want to put it up so that we can confirm to others that, yes, we're dating (People are getting confused). The only one's that know are our close group of friends (His suitmates, my suitmates, etc). However, there is an issue, at least I feel it is. In two weeks or so, his parents told him that he can have the whole group (This would include his dorm buddies, and my dorm buddies-so about six of us) over to spend the weekend at their house in Tampa. Mainly for something fun to do, but also because he stated how one of his friends in the group (Me) is from out of state and hasn't seen a beach before. But I'm conflicted-I want his parents to think that just 'friends' are coming. Beyond being a boyfriend and girlfriend, we are friends-it's that simple. But if we put it on facebook, and his parents see it, I feel as though it might make them a little uncomfortable to know that now 'A few friends and his GIRLFRIEND' are coming. But if we don't put it up, and we act like a couple once there, it might confuse them. What would you do in this position? Thanks for any help!Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:12 AM

What i would do in that position is make it Facebook official because they are going to end up knowing one way or another. Besides i mean freshmen's in COLLEGE i think that his parents should understand that he is old enough to have a girlfriend now and you are a good influence to because you are also into the same things as him so even the best couples are sometimes the best friends to and his parents will understand. Now if you leave it to the last minute and not tell them anything and once you get there you guys act like boyfriend and girlfriend then maybe the parents will feel like they cant trust you because it is ur job or ur boyfriends to take that step and inform them that u guys are going out.That way you guys show that ur mature and they can trust you to tell them anything

(Plus it gives a pretty good first impression Smile)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply