This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Major internet connection problem?
05-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Major internet connection problem?
OK, I have a Comcast cable internet. My modem is an Arris that is connected to a Linksys Broadband Rounter which is connected to my computer which is my internet connection. This router is also used for wireless laptops around the house. My problem is that I have internet for 10 seconds then no internet for 10 seconds. In the bottom right hand of my screen the is a little icon of two computers and it says "Local Area Connection 5 is now Connected" It also says "speed: 100.0 Mbps" After about ten seconds of that an exclamation point pops up in front of that two computer icon. About a second later this little yellow dot crosses the computers and after about 5 seconds of that the internet works again. During the exclamation point time it says "Local Area Connection 5- The connection has limited or no connectivity". I cannot read the rest of the message because I am not quick enough. I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 04:57 PM

During the time it says there is limited or no connectivity have you tried opening a website? I have gotten this message before but still be able to access the internet just fine.

Ads

05-28-2014, 05:13 PM

OK, firstly you shouldn't have a separate modem and broadband router. Remove the modem, as the router is your main internet connection for the house. Check that each telephone point has a micro-filter. The likely cause is a bad connection in your cables - besides the micro filter make sure all network cables are firmly pushed in. If your have a spare cat 5 cable, try that, if not, buy a spare and try it.