This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't I stream videos online?
05-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Why can't I stream videos online?
Been having this problem with the last 10 days or so. Some programme called blinxx beats installed itself without me authorizing it and that's where the issue began. Youtube works but sites like putlocker, promptfile and rte player fail to load videos.

To date I've deleted and re-installed the latest versions of Flash and Java both to no avail. I have also reset my DNS server settings but still no joy. I've downloaded a video player called videxcode too and that's not working.

Any ideas suggestions before I kill this laptop??
Tried deleting blinxx beats and that didn't work either!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 02:39 AM

Hello

Maybe your computer is infected. Try scanning your computer, for different computer infections with an anti virus program.

It's possible the websites you mentioned require a different player to be installed on your computer, for the videos to work. You said youtube works. Youtube should work. Because you installed Flash on your computer.

Ads

05-29-2014, 02:47 AM

First, you need to determine if this is only happening on your PC or is it affecting visitors to your website, too. So, you'll need to visit your website from another PC. If it's just affecting your PC then it is only your PC that is infected. (I went through this before on my PC and my website with another virus similar to Binkx.)

The malicious extension that is responsible for the Blinkx.com pop-up ads is typically added when you install another free software on your PC (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this adware program. When you install these free programs, they will also install Blinkx.com as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle with the Blinkx.com adware include 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.

Blinkx is technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. The industry generally refers to it as a “PUP,” or potentially unwanted program.

To remove Binkx, read and follow instructions here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/this-page-c...nd-chrome/
05-29-2014, 02:54 AM

Make sure you have enough bandwidth.