This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEO question please help?
05-29-2014, 08:12 AM
SEO question please help?
Hello, if I copy and paste a website using viewsource, will its keywords and meta tags be copied also?
What im trying to do is copy a website like http://selling-well.com/, and change it a little. She is ranked really high on yahoo. Does it work like that or no? If not and you are a seo pro, Im also intrested hiring someone. thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 08:26 AM

Yes Keywords will copied But not meta Keywords..You can get the Good Traffic for Your website By getting the traffic Blazer reach here http://www.tucktail.com/tt/traffic-blazer/

Ads

05-29-2014, 08:35 AM

Hi! I agree, meta tags won't be copied as well. If you are unterested to hire an SEO pro, try this website (not my business), they are offering some hot deals for these holidays: http://www.seospidy.com
05-29-2014, 08:43 AM

If you copy the source then yes, of course, all the content is copied including the meta tags.

However, good search rankings have very little to do with meta tags. There are other much more important on-site SEO factors. And then there is off-site SEO which is even more important for ranking in Google.
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM

Good question, I suggest you no to do so because when you will copy the contents in source codes, everything which that website is attaining, all will be copied including meta tags too.
I think you should create your own website like different ideas because if you do so, your website ranking will no be too high as you desire for that.
Give me your ideas, requirements, plus budget, i can give you better advice for that.
If you want to hire me for that, you can contact me at my email address cemerons@gmail.com.
Complete package will be provided after your approval.
05-29-2014, 09:11 AM

Hi. If you copy the source code of the website you will copy everything including meta tags and the keywords in the content. In terms of that you will have everything you need to make an identical website. However, you will not have its backlinks (offsite links pointing to it) if it has any nor the age of the site and the length of time it has been indexed. The other thing is that if you set it up as an identical websitew you will incure Google's duplicate content filter which will penalize the site so it will never be as good. If you need some advice on how to check what makes a website work check out the Amazon best-selling book 'SEO Help' - http://www.amazon.com/SEO-Help-Optimizat...1844819965 - it is very practical, in plain English and it will actually help you understand much about SEO and how it should work.
05-29-2014, 09:21 AM

yes, really you can... but you can leave meta tags to optimize your site. So, it is very important for you.
05-29-2014, 09:37 AM

I strongly urge you to not copy her website because a.) it's not ethical and b.) you won't get the same results as her. The most important part of search engine rankings is incoming links. You are better off building a website and then trying to get links from the same sources as her. Just run her site through Yahoo Site Explorer and you can see which sites are linking to her site.