This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Tag Clouds Bad for SEO? Should I Remove Tag Clouds, or No?
05-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Are Tag Clouds Bad for SEO? Should I Remove Tag Clouds, or No?
I have a 30 count tag cloud on a few of my blogs. I am just curious if I should eliminate this for SEO purposes. Is this "leaking" valuable pagerank? Because no one really uses tag cloud links, and the only benefit I can see is that sometimes a keyword on the cloud will get used during a search.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 08:27 AM

Does the cloud tag genuinely help your visitors? If not get rid.

Ads

05-29-2014, 08:36 AM

Displaying a Tag Cloud on your website is a great way to help visitors find their way around your content and directs them exactly to where they want to go. But, Having a tag cloud without correct set-up cannot have huge SEO potential.
05-29-2014, 08:52 AM

The tag pages can be very benificial to seo because you will have a lot of content within the same subject, this is great for seo. If you choose your tags according to popular search terms you will increase the amount of traffic. Use your tags and install google analytics tracking software to see for yourself what the landing pages are, you will see that the tag pages do well. Unless your tag cloud is in flash?