This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is my wireless internet connection coming from?
05-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Where is my wireless internet connection coming from?
My Netbook is picking up a wireless internet connection, from the living room of my house, which is on the second floor. The strange thing is, I can't tell where it's coming from. o_O I live on a mountain, not the very top, but I tried walking up the hill behind the house, and walked to the very bottom of the driveway searching to see if I could find the source, so I could get a better connection. But no matter what I do, I can't find the source. So the signal always stays on "Very Low" It's coming from a Linksys Router. There is a house on the hill behind my house, and apartments on the other side of my driveway. A couple more, when going down the driveway, to the street. But like I said.. The signal never gets stronger, no matter how close I move to the buildings, and the other strange thing is, that it only connects to this connection, from the second floor of my house. there is only one router in our home, but it's unplugged. .. It's like the connection is coming from the sky!!.. It's so confusing. x_x .. What could be the cause of this? ARE ALIENS GIVING MY INTERNET!!?? O_O LMFAO!.. Seriously, though. Help me.
.... And yes I did try refreshing the wireless connection manager, when I got closer to the other houses/apartments. The connection was no longer found. Strange that it only works on the second floor.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 09:17 AM

Alien Internet Connection? I think it's a no.
Some devices need to be refreshed in order to update its signal status.
have you tried refreshing your wifi the time you're closer to those prospected source (in the hill house)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply