This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I change website hosting, do I lose my email account?
05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
If I change website hosting, do I lose my email account?
I'm a little confused. I have a domain name and website hosting through godaddy. I already renewed my domain for the year. I want to switch to a new hosting company (for that domain). I own the info@domain.com email. Is this email attached to my domain name through godaddy or through the hosting?

I use this for my business.. so I can't have it deactivated. I have info@domain.com forwarded to my gmail account instead of signing in through website or other program.

I need to cancel my website hosting with godaddy tomorrow and sign up with another company.

Do I need to do anything with my email account through godaddy or with the new hosting company?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM

you need to change the dns settings on go daddy to the new hosting company, if you do the settings correctly it will take 30min-2hours to switch the hosting company

Ads

05-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Owning the domain means you own all @domain emails as well. But when you sign up with your new hosting company you should tell them asap the help you set up the email address again. You will need to create the email address again with the new host and have it forward to your gmail account.