This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My ex keeps trying to contact me- reply or ignore?
05-29-2014, 10:06 PM
My ex keeps trying to contact me- reply or ignore?
He was my first serious boyfriend, and continually lied and cheated on me with his female 'best friend'. After a few painful months of naively thinking he would realize he was wrong and stay true to me, I smartened up and ended things. After initiating no contact, I moved on fairly quickly, and ignored some creepy things he did, like making a fake facebook profile to pretend he was someone else to talk to me. At this point, he was in a relationship with the girl he was cheating on me with.

Anyways, I haven't spoken to or thought about him for years. But recently he's started emailing me, saying he misses me and wants me back in his life, etc. I ignored and deleted the first one, since I'm indifferent and have no desire to have anything to do with him. He just sent another one today, saying how he knows what happened between us was painful and I probably don't want to talk to him ever again, but he misses me soooo much, misses talking to me, and really hopes that I can be his 'friend' again.

GROSS. He is still dating that same chick (this is a few years later) and I wonder what she'd think (she's pretty nasty, and had no problem cheating with him while he was in a relationship with me) of him saying he misses me and wants me back in his life! Also- why is he even bringing this up? He should be over it, and it makes me wonder what he hopes will come of this.

Anyways- should I ignore it again or reply (and say what?)?

- I don't want anything to do with him
- I don't want to give him any thoughts or hope that I might be interested in him
- I'm also kinda offended that he implied I'm still hurting over this and that I'd want anything to do with him- I was over it long ago, and I'm happy it turned out the way it did.
- I'm also grossed out that he's still thinking about me, especially with a girlfriend, and seems to wish he'd made a different choice.

Advice please! I'm tempted to set him straight that I've moved on and am not interested, but think ignoring it makes a bigger statement and I have little desire to be in contact with him at all anyways.
Just wanted to add that I have forgiven him a long time ago, and harbor no ill feelings toward him, but that doesn't mean I want to be friends with him. I've moved on, and don't see what good could come of responding to him- it seems like it might encourage him and give him hope that I'm interested in him, which seems far less 'Christian' than just ignoring it. As far as 'drawing the line in the friendship'- I have no desire for that friendship, that's the point Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 10:19 PM

Well I don't know whether your christian or not, either way, good morals would tell you "kill him with kindness" or maybe "Forgive and forget" tell him you appreciate his apology and smooth things out. I know he hurt you, but since you've let it go, theres no need to hate him, now it's time to show him how good your living your life without him. Ignoring him any further would mean that you still care about what happened. And that's not the case at all. Now just because you forgive him doesn't mean you have to like him. im not saying go be best friends either. I'm saying know where to draw the line in the friendship.

Ads

05-29-2014, 10:34 PM

ignore. youre better than him. ive done the same thing with girls. but ill tell you what. ignoring them was probably the best decision i mad because then i found lois and lies good....you can always tell hin to fudge off too... helps a bit.
05-29-2014, 10:38 PM

Ignore him and move on with your life. No contact. There are better fish in the sea -- and you already know it!! Trust your gut on this one!
05-29-2014, 10:48 PM

if I were you find this Chick on Facebook or make print outs of the email and show her. ask her to tell your "left overs" to leave you alone, and that she should perhaps step up her game because he wants you back. And then write him back an email and explain how happy you are without him and your decision of leaving him was the best decision you have ever done for yourself, explain that he was a huge mistake but yet you embrace the experience of what he put you through and it has made you wiser and if you have too lie a little tell him you are engaged to an amazing Man. haha! slap in the face.......