This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Is Facebook So Addicting? ?
05-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Why Is Facebook So Addicting? ?
For a lot of people Facebook is so addicting including me BUT let me say this I still have a life. I play golf tennis pool i am looking for a job go to school I have friends and family I see to hangout with. I also am invoked with several clubs and school. No nasty comments please. Why do people post statuses everyday? Mainly use it to keep in contact with fiends and associates and stuff.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 11:45 PM

Humanistic psychologist Abraham Maslow developed a theory that humans have three basic needs. One of these was the need for love, affection and belongingness. Humans need a sense of self-worth and a Facebook profile has become the perfect tool for people to let the world know all about their interests, their thoughts and their life.
Facebook allows users to talk and share as much as they like about themselves without fear of being labelled as self-obsessed. After all, self-explanation is the purpose of the website and updates aren’t being directed at anyone in particular.
Nobody feels obliged to acknowledge what they read so each message received by a friend makes users feel important, interesting and appreciated. Every notification is a small buzz of self-esteem.
Another human instinct is the need to know what is going on around us and Facebook lets users become very aware of friends’ activities. Many like to know a little too much and Facebook allows users to pry into the lives of others without the fear of being branded a nosey parker.
Facebook is an instant cure for loneliness and with the recent introduction of a mobile version of the website, it is easier than ever to instantly network with others.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply