This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to win an appealed case on ebay?
05-30-2014, 01:43 AM
how to win an appealed case on ebay?
Long story short, a buyer opened a case against me on ebay. I thought my argument was pretty damn clear and right, but eBay took the seller's side, so now he's sending the item back to me (Which he changed--- he took the item out of its case)... I want to appeal, but how can I win? would it be best to call eBay on the phone and talk to someone? does the fact that he removed it from its plastic matter? thanks
My mistake--- I am the seller.... eBay took the BUYER'S side.
I know that he took the item out of its plastic, because he was attempting to resell it at double the price I sold it to him at... and in the listing, it was out of its plastic.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 01:57 AM

eBay doesn't have any meaningful seller protection. They typically refuse to honor the guarantees they give to sellers in writing.

However, you may want to videotape yourself opening the return package. Then you can re-open a case against the buyer and say he didn't comply with the terms of the ruling or with your return policy.

Ads

05-30-2014, 02:08 AM

Be careful!
The long story might have been better. You will not always lose as a seller. I'm hoping your original listing had a picture of the item with it in the package. His listing might help you here because it shows the item out of the package and he has a description of the item.

If it is a common item he might get away with saying that listing wasn't the same item he bought from you. Find out what happened with that listing by searching for the item using the "completed listings" filter.You can see if he sold or ended the item. Did he end it then 5 minutes later open the case against you?

Read the description in his listing. Is it the same as yours? Is he saying something in the "case" contrary to his own listing? Say he bought a red item from you. He changed his mind didn't want it so he listed it and described it as red. Then decides he doesn't want to go through the trouble of selling it so opens a case saying it was green. He can't do that.

Another thing to consider is the item worth less now that he opened the package? Was it sealed to begin with? Certain items would be far less valuable with the package open. Take pics of the damaged or opened item when you get it. It has to be in the same condition.

Based on the short story here are the points I think you should focus on:
1. I'm betting he opened the case "not as described." You have to prove otherwise. His listing might help if it is obviously the same item.
2. He has to return the item in the original condition. That's ebay's policy. Check your specific category. This could be a big deal with the packaging.
3. If you do call customer support be nice and don't yell. I am so serious here! They get calls like yours non-stop. If you are nice they might help you. If you are a jerk they for sure won't help you. I'm kinda telling you to kiss ass.
4. Returns are expensive with the fees and the wasted time, especially if they just change their mind or have buyers remorse. But sometimes it is easier to accept the return and resell the item.

Go to this link and read it carefully. Be careful about what options you chose (if any) when you appeal. They make those pages tricky.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/retu...ition.html

You must return an item in the same condition as it was received. You must also include, in the same condition as it was received:
All packaging such as boxes, bags, and tags
Accessories such as cords and remotes
Certificates, manuals, and warranty cards
"Free gifts" or bonus items
All items included in a bundle

Good luck m'dude!
05-30-2014, 02:16 AM

Post your listings for free on ItemAuctions.com - The Free Marketplace, with no fees!