This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince your parents to give you a phone?
05-30-2014, 05:09 AM
How to convince your parents to give you a phone?
I'm 15 and my parents still won't give me a phone Sad They each have iPhones and they have an extra one just sitting there and they won't let me have it. I do well at school, sometimes I get the occasional B but all of my grades are A's. My average mark in science is 100! I gave them a list of 11 reasons why I should have a phone and they still won't give me one. I even told them that I would pay for my own phone plan but they won't give it to me. I asked them why and my mom said that I wasn't mature enough. What??? I dont want to brag but I'm pretty sure that I'm more mature than the 12 year olds who have a phone. And my dad just says I don't need one. Can somebody please help? They dot even need to buy a phone cuz they already have one! I just don't get it Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 05:11 AM

Well you're old enough to have a phone... So scrape together some cash and go get a prepaid phone.

Ads

05-30-2014, 05:21 AM

Get a job if you&#x27;re that responsible and then get your own phone. Not one with a contract, but like a pre-paid one.

Your parents probably work, and pay tons of money to support themselves and you, so demanding them to spend more on you just seems wrong.
05-30-2014, 05:36 AM

I believe you&#x27;re old enough to have a phone, just go out and get one yourself. Your parents can&#x27;t take it or be mad at you if you&#x27;re paying for it all yourself.
05-30-2014, 05:41 AM

Are you aware of how much it costs to use an iPhone? It costs a lot of money as much as $80-90 a month for just ONE PERSON.

My oldest is 17 & just got an iPhone but she is working & earning money she can use to help pay for it. She just now got data added to her phone.

"12 year olds who have a phone" - That is because their parents can afford to pay the price of a phone. If they want to shell out that much money monthly then that is up to the parents.

Being mature has nothing to do with getting a phone if you can't pay for it yourself.

I use a simple flip phone. I have no need for an iPhone even though I'd love one.
05-30-2014, 05:45 AM

You are better of without one. I bet the second you get a phone your grades will plummet significantly.
05-30-2014, 05:52 AM

Speaking as a parent of a teen your age, it's scary how much a phone can put you into the wrong place. Phones now are just like mini computers. You can post pictures and videos to facebook, I think your parents are afraid of what you might do with such new found freedom. (They don't need sexy pics on facebook of their little girl/boy looking 21!) Approach it differently. Tell them you are willing to accept a limited plan. No access to internet, by the phone, and maybe limit your texts. I know you won't agree, but telling them that they can have access to your texts would help alot. I know to you that seems like an invasion of privacy to you, but they need to know that you are going to be responsible in how you use the phone and what information you share. Also, tell them they can put a gps tracker on the phone so they know where you are. By showing them that you have nothing to hide, it might sway them to your side. So, think about how you can show them that you will not be reckless with the phone. Good Luck!
05-30-2014, 06:07 AM

Do all the research yourself so they dont need to do any of it. Find the cheapest deal and plan to show them the cost, money doesn't grow on trees so you may have to give up some things (use imessage or apps for texting, etc., to lower the monthly plan, get iphone 4S which is free with a 2 year contract).
05-30-2014, 06:14 AM

The extra phone they have won't even work unless it is paid for. Pay the cost to use it & maybe then they will give it to you. There is no reason you should have an iPhone. My parents don't have them. They use pay as you go phones. I have one too.
05-30-2014, 06:26 AM

Your old enough to get a phone reasons why they won&#x27;t give you one is because you can get very distracted in your phone examples Facebook YouTube games music an that would stop you from getting good grades