This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my friend like me when she has "cooler" friends? What's so special about me?
11-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Why does my friend like me when she has "cooler" friends? What's so special about me?
Ever since we first met 2 years ago she was one of those extremely gorgeous girls but she was super nice and friendly to me, always stared at me, always complimented me, said hi in the halls, invited me to work in her groups, smiled at me, always interested in what I had to say, etc.

Eventually she gave me her number and we'd text and talk on Facebook all day and night, before, during and after school...We became close like that, she opened up a lot to me sometimes (she's naturally pretty reserved)...but in person I would hardly talk to her, ignore her sometimes...because I was dealing with some issues...nothing against her I think she's great.

We're seniors now and she's still so nice to me. She has a lot of friends...All of them are those super confident, exuberant, talkative, outgoing type. They all seem like a lot of fun, and like I said my friend is extremely pretty...so people are obsessed with her, always inviting her to hang out and do things. I swear it seems like one of her friends is like in love with her. All she talks about is my friend. And on twitter a lot of her posts are about her hanging out with my friend...But she's pretty cool...kinda "fake friendly" though.

But anyways why does my friend still like me? I'm really quiet usually, she's seen me at my worst, we've had some pretty awkward moments together... But in class she's always staring and smiling (and she hardly ever smiles, people always try to make her smile) at me. One time we were at this place...I was sitting with my friend somewhere, then she came over with her group of friends and smiled at me, then kept staring at me. In the halls she's always so excited to see me, reaches out to give me a hug. Invites me to do things with her. She's really accepting of me. Whenever I talk she's always listening and nodding, smiling. When I used to ignore her a lot and treat her pretty sh*tty, she'd forgive me right away when I apologized. Two of her friends act like they don't even like me (including the one I mentioned), but I don't even think she notices...I don't get why she likes me. We aren't even close friends really...
we're both girls btw

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:15 AM

She is probably interested in you! You should try and ask her out. She likes you for who you are inside probably. She doesn't care if you aren't the coolest. She likes you!

Ads

If you like her, than don't worry about why she likes you. If you care about your friend, than start being nice to her and stop being awkward about it. She wants to be your friend, be her friend.

That is an odd situation my friend. Maybe she like bein with you? You lr presence cheers her up from her life? But she might like you and is too shy to talk about it. But ...... Really i have no good advice but to tell you that just before the school ends or anytime really. (This is only valid if you like her) Ask her if she has feelings? Or why does she treat you differently than others. Its up to you man. Hope for the best! -Tremp out

she doesn't need a reason to like you! you're worried because she's popular and you're not? her popularity has nothing to do with it - her personality likes your personality, and that's all there is to it. you should stop questioning it and start enjoying it

Some people just naturally click. I'd say that's what your deal is. My best friend in High School was really popular, quarter-back and all. And I was a nerd, people would treat him like he was a God, but yet he never really liked them, he'd tell me how much he didn't like them all the time! We always just hung together, even when we had mutual friends, we'd still just like to hang out mostly the two of us, and no, neither of us was or is gay. We drifted apart, life does that, so enjoy her while she lasts! There's no guarantee, you could wind up knowing each other the rest of your lifes.

You should ask her, maybe she likes you and doesn't know how to tell you. And doesn't tell You about the way she feels about you so she goes to your friend to ask if you ever talk about her behind her back, you know. She might be afraid to tell you she likes you afraid you don't like her and won't want to be her friend anymore. So she might like you and thinks your diffrent from her other friends .