This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are children being traumatized by Alarmists and all the man-made Global Warming propaganda?
05-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Are children being traumatized by Alarmists and all the man-made Global Warming propaganda?
New Study says: "British schoolchildren are being brainwashed by a deep green environmental curriculum which fills their heads with "confusion, ignorance and fear" http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Londo...ing-survey

-----------------------

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 08:33 AM

???

Ads

05-30-2014, 08:43 AM

Why can't we just teach children core subjects?
05-30-2014, 08:47 AM

Not a study. Its a survey. Conducted by an organisation known for its bias.
05-30-2014, 09:03 AM

I think so you should teach children to think, and that would mean discussing all sides of climate chnage, which they do not do.
05-30-2014, 09:19 AM

I can't think of anything more traumatizing to UK school children than that PSA commercial which aired over there depicting a small child getting murdered by a government paid authority figure just because he had some doubts about AGW.
05-30-2014, 09:22 AM

Gosh, what a surprise to find this is a story by James Delingpole and who is he quoting, why it's the denier blog "Global Warming Policy Foundation" who do you really think is fooled by this nonsense.
He try's vainly to call it "eco-activism" and throws in words like TERRORISED, BRAINWASHED and GREEN PROPAGANDA this is apparently what deniers are trying to call science.

These sort of set piece nonsense are what we have come to expect from the likes of James Deingpole, Christopher Booker, Jo Nova and Andrew Bolt, people with well worn track records of peddling denier BS given their journalist careers were going nowhere till they jumped on the denier bandwagon.
Sadly you are to far gone to see you are posting their propaganda and frankly it not even very good propaganda about as subtle as those bash you over the head anti-communist films of the 50's that jim was raised on.

Deniers are upset that science is being taught to kids, I get that and are equally unhappy that their brand of political BS is not allowed, ain't that a crying shame !!!
05-30-2014, 09:24 AM

Read the actual report, it is probably more bias and has a preconceived result before the study even begins.

http://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2...rait-5.pdf

Sorry, but the language used in the report and the preconceived notions and assertions (opinions) of the authors null and void any credibility the study may have had. This piece was written not to actually investigate learning at school but to build the case for their agenda. There is no objectivity to this study, and therefore it is hard to know what the true results are.

Perhaps the reason why the focus in schools is about climate change is the overwhelming science and evidence that supports that conclusion?? They call it propaganda, others may call it science.
05-30-2014, 09:28 AM

Schools are more about brainwashing than education anymore, but there is some credible science behind climate change. When I grew up our school was 0.6 miles from ground zero for the geographical center of the city, during the cold war, and we were told, if WWIII started & the USSR nukes us we would be vaporized. It was true, we were at ground zero for the USSR's coordinates for a nuclear strike. It was not comforting, but we lived with it. The cold war ended, they stopped testing the sirens every weekend, & life went on. I do not see climate change ending abruptly like the USSR & the cold war though. The smart kids will see it for what it is, look back & laugh later, and the rest will post stupid stuff on whatever replaces Facebook. Brainwashing is part of a public education. Russia was evil, they were technologically backwards, we had better weapons, etc. Dinosaurs were cold blooded & had brains the size of walnuts. So much of that was debunked later, that you realize it was all propagandized pseudoscience BS. Now we have this tolerance brainwashing crap. There were a few Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, & the usual Catholics, Protestants & some Jews. We did not have that tolerance BS jammed down our throats & we did not really care who worshiped what. As if all the anti-bullying stuff will make bullies go away. Hah! Schools are more and more about making obedient little drones than producing educated free thinking adults now. My neighbor teaches, and I am appalled at all the crap the cram in the kids ears now. As a "border state" we will get aims amnesty so we can hand out diplomas to kids who can neither read nor do simple math. They can promote the idea the USA stole Arizona from Mexico, & create a group of radicals wearing khakis, but if you ask them to find the square root of 81 they wont have a clue! By the way, the USA bought Arizona & New Mexico in the Gadsen Purchase. Another teacher spent over half the school year on slavery in the US for history class, as if that was the only US history that ever happened worth mentioning. I don't know what is going through the minds of educators today. Home school your kids, and avoid any political agendas, & teach a well rounded curriculum covering ALL history, not just the parts that you think are important. I thought schools were a joke when I went, & had no clue how much worse they would become.
05-30-2014, 09:37 AM

...one thing i will say is that the environmetnalist movement could focus more on the benefits of ending our fossil fuel addiction, cheap renewable energy, land and forest reclamation and reducing over reliance on fossil fuels and technology can lead to healthier happier societies. Those who scream economic collapse every time a new tax or technology is suggested seem to me to be the real alarmists, and if they want a real debate on climate science I'm prepared to debate it with any one who'll listen.