This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I weird to only have 13 friends on my FB?
05-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Am I weird to only have 13 friends on my FB?
Let me see... 3 of them are also daughters of diplomats, same as myself.
I am a daughter of a diplomat, so I had a diplobratic lifestyle growing up, which other ppl don't share.
I met one online, then found out that our parents actually knew each other. Then she suggested two of her friends which are also daughters of diplomats.
We're all Taiwanese, btw.
I studied High School in a Latin American country. I have two Taiwanese friends back then. We all went to the same school, and we all came to our passport country for college (AND to settle forever, just maybe). I have more connections with them since we're all Taiwanese studied High School in Latin America AND flew back to Taiwan for college.
And another three younger friends (not that close to them, since they're much younger) I used to tutor them when they were younger back in High School. They are siblings.
Then I have another friend who's Canadian but raised and born in Taiwan, who's also a Third-Culture Kid, just as me. We have so much to chat, and we communicate extremely well, even though we never met face to face in real life, we live in different countries.
And I have 2 good friends I gained during college years which are worth keeping in touch with, but I only have one of them on FB.
Other 2 Taiwanese friends I met in the hospital, one of them is my ex.
And another more random guy, a friend of my ex...

That's about it.

I do know that many, many of the ppl I know have Facebook, but I simply don't add them.
I dislike ppl I'm not exactly close to stalking my life!!!

But, am I weird to have such a short list of friends on FB, comparing to other users?

PS When I was in High School, I didn't use FB.

When I was in college, I know that every single one of my classmates use it, but I simply don't give a shit on what's going on in the class. They visit each other's pages and post the most boring stuffs...

They are lame. So I never Facebook with them... It's only drama.

All my Facebook friends now are either good Christians whom I can share a lot with (I'm also Christian), or they are older than me already working for years AND have similar background as myself, similar values, and matching personality (real ppl, bc many aren't that real/honest, if you know what I mean...)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 12:20 PM

FB list really doesnt mean anything. What counts is hiw many of these people will be there when you actually need them.
Though for increasing the list, you can be more regular on FB. And be active on communities, pages, likes etc. post your views, comment. The like minded people may become your fb friends.

Just remember, FB is not life. Cheer up!

Ads

05-30-2014, 12:33 PM

There is no problem with this. Add friends you actually interact with in real life and online and not just numerous random people you barely know simply to have a larger number. Quality before quantity.
05-30-2014, 12:37 PM

You're just being jealous of other profiles that is very better than yours. And, better than your life
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM

not all all, i used to have a fb account myself and i was very picky who to add. i didn't want to add the entire world, just a few close friends and family.
05-30-2014, 12:52 PM

No, Facebook sucks and is going broke. The whole concept is stupid, why would I get online to meet people I already know and share all our personal pics and info in a huge online scrap book that strangers can use to commit identity theft against us?

The only reason that it has been popular is that it's the most boring site of it kind and total corn balls from high school that never wanted to know anyone new, or try anything new and were totally uncreative, can now get on it and pretend that they're sooo with the times even though they are just doing the same boring things they always did--but now online.

The same people that like honey boo boo, the same idiots that watch big brother--these are the idiots on Facebook.

Boring preppy people from high school used to fade into obscurity, now they have found a new venue to be boring in--Facebook.