This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't I fast forward my youtube video?
05-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Why can't I fast forward my youtube video?
Every time I tried to fast forward a video and clicked on the time bar, the video automatically restarts. Why is this happening? (Windows 8.1, Use Google Chrome Search) Tried a lot of ways. Thx for any help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 12:27 PM

That's a bugs in the Youtube website, youtube will fix it later, maybe they are not aware of this too....
you can download youtube videos on your Compuer by just typing "ss" in the video URL as "www.ssyoutube.com/xxxxxx" and press enter key. please, ignore the SSL certificate error and click "proceed anyway" to continue to download links.

Ads

05-30-2014, 12:31 PM

As a temporary workaround, you can try one, or both, of the following:

1) Right click on the player > click Settings > Disable Hardware Acceleration > Refresh your Internet Browser
2) Try closing your browser and re-load the video.
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM

It may be a bug. I've found that to be a big problem with ads that show up on my phone. The ads end up looping and I can't skip them or fast forward them so I can never actually see the video I wanted to see in the first place. If it's an ad I'd suggest adblocker otherwise I'd suggest contacting google/youtube and seeing if they can help. Also if it happens on other video sites that may be an indication that's on your end.
Another thing you could try is a different browser
05-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Same problem Sad
05-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Best fix right now is to use arrows on your keyboard instead of the slider.
05-30-2014, 01:19 PM

Same problem for me. I think it started yesterday. Must be a bug in Chrome because I can FF in Firefox.

Anyway, you can go around the problem by using the right and left arrow keys for fast forward and rewind. You can also use the number keys to get to a certain percentage through the video, e.g., 1 for 10%, 2 for 20%, etc.