This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you bypass a router block?
05-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Can you bypass a router block?
I'm a gamer. My dad doesn't like me playing online games because he doesn't want me to get addicted like my brother even when he admits my brother is a lot worse. He is tech savvy enough that he only blocked online games on our router. I was wondering if there was a way to bypass this block without him knowing. He has the admin computer and i can access it but I have my own computer to play on so i was wondering if that made a difference. If someone could let me know how to do this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
~Eric

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2014, 09:41 PM

He who controls the router controls the keys to the kingdom. The only way to circumvent your father's authority would be to connect your computer directly to the modem thereby circumventing the router altogether. I suggest some sort of negotiation with your father to try to earn the privilege to do some online gaming in a way he can monitor and thereby feel comfortable that you aren't going overboard.

Ads

05-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Sure there is. It's called getting a job, moving out, and paying your own way through life.
05-30-2014, 10:01 PM

It looks like he's too late to save you. If you really need to play games that bad, just use a VPN... only catch with that is your internet will be a little slower.
05-30-2014, 10:12 PM

No, you can't bypass it. If you have admin access to the router, you can remove the block, but I suspect he'd know in short order.
05-30-2014, 10:17 PM

surely.change your IP address manually.Maybe you can go through a proxy server, or maybe through the Tor browser.
05-30-2014, 10:25 PM

No, but you can ask your dad you allow you 1 - 2 hours hours a day of game usage, ask nicely. Depending how he is blocking you, he can set the hours you are allowed to access the internet.

Many smart parents now block the internet from like 11 pm to 6 am so no more midnight internet for sneaky teens.