This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I get a wireless router, do I have to pay for wifi too?
05-31-2014, 03:02 AM
If I get a wireless router, do I have to pay for wifi too?
This is probably one of the dumbest questions on here, so forgive me, but I have no idea about the Internet when it comes to wifi/laptops.

We currently have a desktop computer, and I was wondering if we replaced the router we have now with a wireless one, would we be able to get wifi as well?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 03:15 AM

Wifi is a wireless internet connection so no its like saying do i have to pay extra when i buy petrol because i use it in a lawnmower and not a car.
You should be fine just make sure you have a good internet connection try this.
http://www.speedtest.net/

Ads

05-31-2014, 03:29 AM

Wireless = Wi-Fi

Well, you may already have a router that supports Wi-Fi usage. Update your question's Additional Details with the make & model of your router and we'll let you know.

And, if you do need to buy a Wi-Fi enabled router it shouldn't be too hard to get it working.
05-31-2014, 03:40 AM

Wifi it's router unique capability.You already paid for router one time.It's yours forever with everything it has inside and outside.
05-31-2014, 03:47 AM

You pay for your internet service. If you buy a wireless router, the wireless connection is "free" (no extra charge from your internet service provider).

Check your PC specs to see which wifi standards the built in wireless cards can handle. "N" is the most recent and fastest way to connect. A dual-band router is nice to have if you have both old and new devices. (the old ones generally only work with G band not N band.)
05-31-2014, 03:58 AM

You just want to pay for your data usage..don't need to pay for anything.