This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the chances of getting ebay seller to agree with this?
05-31-2014, 09:19 AM
What is the chances of getting ebay seller to agree with this?
Alright I bought a 32gb flash drive for $14 and being so cheap I didn't really care if it was a fake just so long as it was at least really 8gb.

So I have scanned it with software and it actually is a fake with modified firmware and is only really 8gb.

Now here is my main question. This ebay user has a good rating somehow and has sold a lot. I don't know how since over 300 of these flash drives were sold and I guess people give their ratings before they even properly test it.

Well I can give him horrible ratings and report him to ebay but I was thinking why not email him personally and if he sends me say a free 4gb flash drive then I will call it even and give him the best rating on even the other scam one.
I would talk to him through email and not on ebay since that would be stupid if ebay found out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 09:32 AM

Its okay and you should contact the seller on eBay. Its sent to their email anyways. Nothing happens with the transaction until you &quot;open a case&quot; through ebay

Ads

05-31-2014, 09:39 AM

Give him no review. Instead, file an "item not as described" and he will have to deal with you officially. If you're not happy and explain in the email the drive is a fake, he/she won't settle with you, eBay will refund your money. I'd start by asking for 1/2 the money back since you say you don't really care.
05-31-2014, 09:43 AM

First of all, on eBay, worry about yourself first and the seller second. You can describe to item as " Not as described". That will get the seller's attention and allow them to make the transaction right ( satisfy you ) before eBay would be involved. He should know about this anyway because someone may be shipping these items for him from another location and be pulling a "switch" of the products the seller knows nothing about.
05-31-2014, 09:56 AM

That's called feedback extortion. All the seller would have to do is show eBay your e-mail and they would remove your feedback.

You are very stupid to think you can communicate via e-mail and eBay would not find out. Which leads me to believe that you've done other stupid things on eBay, and your feedback would be removed even if the seller didn't request it.

Thinking that 300+ people are wrong and you are right is a sign of mental illness. Get help. No one will believe you.