This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Iphone 4S cannot locate wifi networks?
05-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Iphone 4S cannot locate wifi networks?
I had wifi and full internet connection this morning, less that 12 hours ago. I went to college, and my phone couldn't find any network connections. I thought it was just the library wifi being a bit crap so i thought nothing of it. Then I went home where my phone automatically connects to the wifi but I still had no signal. My mum and sister both had full wifi and internet access so, Yes my internet router was on and working.

But no matter what I try it just cant fund any available internet connections, usually I can pick up 2, ours and our neighbours.

Yes, i have tried turning the phone on and off, I've turned the router on and off, I've rebooted my iphone, I've reset my network settings. Please help!!!
My phone is fairly new also..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 02:04 PM

hi, is your wi-fi network's SSID (it's name and info) hidden to the general public? If so, you will have to click on 'other' in wi-fi settings and type in the name of the network, then it's security info. You could also connect your iphone to your PC, use the pc's internet connection from the iphone and then when it is connected to your rooter via the pc access it from the rooter and check it's settings. The only other option is to reset your iphone fully but I get that you may not want to do this.
hope you can fix it,
luke.

LSSystems.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply