This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I download Google Chrome if Internet Explorer won't stop crashing?
05-31-2014, 08:42 PM
How can I download Google Chrome if Internet Explorer won't stop crashing?
I've been trying to download Chrome for a while now but IE won't stop saying "Not Responding".

IE is the only browser I have on my computer so I don't know if it'll even be possible.

I have Windows 8 so I've also been trying to open it in Windows 8 form but IE won't let me click anywhere.

I have restarted my computer a few times and the results are still nothing.

Am I even gonna be able to download Google Chrome at all if this keeps happening??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 08:49 PM

I don't know how to directly answer your question but i do have an alternative which would be better than nothing.
If all else fails borrow a friends laptop or computer and download Chrome but save the installation file on a USB drive or email it to yourself. What you want to do is after downloading it instead of clicking "run" click "save" and then somehow get that file on to your troubled computer and install it from there. Sorry i couldnt answer your question but i hope this helped.

Ads

05-31-2014, 09:00 PM

Go to someone elses computer eg library and download it there put it on a USB and your done
05-31-2014, 09:09 PM

Crashing could mean you have too much stuff on your computer. So go into defrag your drives and see how much space you have available to use. You may have to remove some document files and some programs and let your computer run light. Then defrag and see if you have the room for Chrome. Chrome has a lot of functions that might slow down your computer. Its security slowed mine down to a crawl. Instead I tried Firefox. Seems ok for now.