This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wordpress Pages vs Posts for SEO?
06-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Wordpress Pages vs Posts for SEO?
I have two keywords that I want to target for my SEO activities on a new wordpress website that I'm building. I'm wondering what is the best structure: A page for each keyword or a post for each keyword?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 02:04 AM

Technically pages and posts are stored exactly the same, in the same table, using the same fields in the database. The ONLY difference between them is the post_type field is set to page for pages, and post for posts (look in your wp_posts, or whatever prefix you choose, table for more info). Both store the same data, including time stamps for edits, creation, and revisions - don't listen to that guy above.

What this means is that Wordpress will pull seo features in exactly the same way and Google will not delineate between the two (unless your theme is built incorrectly for either the page.php or single.php templates). Make sure your theme uses h1 tags only once for the title of your pages and posts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply