This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I find/buy a penny made on a certain date?
06-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Can I find/buy a penny made on a certain date?
I'm trying to think of a creative anniversary present for my parents and I thought of making something using a penny from the year they got married. But now I'm wondering if there is any way I can track down a penny that was made on that specific date? Is there anyone with a collection that keeps track of that for a purely sentimental purpose?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 04:25 AM

If you mean the year of course you can. I have coins from 1850 ( i have a coin collection) Big Grin. But if you mean an exact day no, but an exact year yes.

Ads

06-01-2014, 04:36 AM

I think this is entirely possible. You might have to do a bit of googling to find the specific date, but I don't doubt that somebody, somewhere, can hook you up. I would probably start at Amazon. Good luck, and Happy Anniversary to your parents.
06-01-2014, 04:45 AM

Thats a sweet idea :3
06-01-2014, 04:48 AM

there is no what to know the date a penny was made on , just the year so no , you can not get a penny made on a certain date
if you want a certain year you have a few options , go get lots of pennies in your change and loom for that year , ask at coin shops ( if its an old collectible year they may have it or they may have entire years in books with all coins from that year ) or post on your facebook and twitter asking friends to look in their pockets for that one year of penny or any coin from that year

you could also get a photo of a penny and use it to make a card if you have a printer and some software to make cards on your pc

I have a lot of old coins but only a few pennies since pennies are made by the millions and only a few are rare ( mostly the ww2 steel pennies when copper was not available for making them ) , most of my old coins are nickels and dimes from the 1940s and older