This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find out how may GB left on my wifi?
06-01-2014, 05:41 AM
How do I find out how may GB left on my wifi?
(i hope i phrased the question correctly) So i got a message yesterday on the modem/router thing that said that i have nearly reached my credit limit and today i got another message saying that my bill is ready to view. Does this mean that my internet credits have reset for the month? we pay it pay monthly btw. I don't know how to check how many GB or MB i have left and i logged into the gateway thing on the laptop that lets you check the wifi settings and SMS's and stuff but i cant find any information anywhere on how much GB i have left. It tells how much data has been sent and received so maybe i could work it out from there? i dunno i need help cus i'm too scared to go on thee internet in case i go over the limit and have to pay extra
But does your credit limit reset after getting the bill?
But does your credit limit reset after getting the bill?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 05:43 AM

You got to go on internet and check your bill and there you should be able to see how many GB you have left . There you will also see what is your monthly limit for the price you are paying . Yes it does reset once you pay your bill .

Ads

06-01-2014, 05:54 AM

Nothing to do with the setting on your computer or on your modem - check your account with your ISP to see how much you have downloaded. There is no way to find out without going on the internet - but you don't get charged to look at things, only to download them, so checking your statement shouldn't cost you anything.
06-01-2014, 05:58 AM

There is actually no monthly limit on WiFi. WiFi is just another method of connecting a device to your router as an alternative to using Ethernet. The limit is on your actual Internet connection to your ISP.

Some ISP's show you how much of your monthly allowance you have used when you log on to your ISP account; however, some ISPs do not offer this facility.

Log on to your ISP account and see if there is a monthly usage indicator. If you cannot find one, then give your ISP a call and ask them how you can tell how much of your limit you have used.

By the way, Christopher is wrong. Any activity on your Internet connection counts towards your monthly limit. This includes looking at things on your ISP account. Compared with many downloads such as videos, displaying a web page does not normally impose to much of an impact on your monthly limit. However, if you look at lots of things on the Internet, then it can become significant.

I hope this helps.