This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet cutting out constantly? please help?
06-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Internet cutting out constantly? please help?
For the last 2 weeks, my internet has been constantly cutting out, every time it cuts out, we have to restart the router so it works again, it happens about once every hour, and it's very annoying, when I troubleshoot it, it always comes up with the same message saying:

"Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues

Turn off your router, wait 10 seconds, then turn it on again."

When the internet suddenly cuts out, I'm still connected to my Wi-fi, but it comes up as "Limited" and has the yellow triangle with the "!" mark next to the bars, when I try to access a page on google chrome, it says "This webpage is not available"

Sorry for being so indepth, but I am really desperate to fix this, I also have a very long cable cord, should I buy a shorter one? Or should I buy a new router/modem? We have had fine internet for the past few years, this has only been happening for 2 weeks, nothing has changed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 06:11 AM

Contact your ISP.

It's not unusual for them to automatically try and ramp up your broadband speeds from time to time.

When that happens it either works or it doesn't, and when it doesn't it's because your line cannot cope with higher speeds. That leads to what you're experiencing and they're called synchronisation errors. The ISPs servers are supposed to notice when it happens and to then automatically reduce the speed to the fastest stable speed achievable, but it's all done on a crude trial and error basis which can take a couple of weeks to settle down.

It's absolutely infuriating, but if you speak to your ISP by phone or live chat then they can manually set a speed cap at a safe level and then set it to remain permanently fixed. You won't get their fastest speeds, but you should then get a reliable and stable broadband connection.

Ads

06-01-2014, 06:22 AM

it's probably your isp fault, call them
06-01-2014, 06:24 AM

This has been happening to me since I upgraded to windows8.??
from Yahoo.