This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible that some one is hacking into my facebook profile?
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Is it possible that some one is hacking into my facebook profile?
I have a nagging feeling that someone has hacked my Facebook profile. This person with in days will repeat almost verbatim contents of message conversations I have had with others. Is this possible? I don't want to know how, I just want to know if it's possible. There is no way this person would know my password or be near my computer. It would have to be a genuine HACK.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM

Could it be that your machine is infected with a keylogger/rootkit/trojan? I'm not sure, but I would imagine that facebooks servers are fairly secure from brute force password hacking attempts. I'd scan the machine just to be sure.

Ads

I was listening to a Psychiatrist on the radio and he said People with "needs" (problems) will tend to find work in the field that they can satisfy their "needs"

Child molesters will tend to work at day care centers, or be scout leaders or any other place where they have access to children, school bus drivers...et..
People with "control" issues will tend to be police or other public officials, ever notice how often cops are accused of demanding sex from the people they stop?
People who are thieves will be programmers during the day and hackers at night.

They like to program at the companies they hack during the day so the can learn as much about the program language and security they can and then they use it to help them fulfill their "needs" at night.

Well, genuine hacking is always possible. but the percentage is very, very small really. since if he really have the ability to do so, rather than stalk your facebook profile, he would choose to spend his time if he hack a bank or NASA or something =P

possibility is someone somehow got your username and password. this is quite easy to do. maybe you login into your facebook on public computer (school, workplace etc) and forget to log out. or you accidentally save you login information to some computer.

other possibility is that you are a phising victim. do you remember receiving some email that say they are from facebook and need confirmation or something that require you to log in to your facebook account ?

last possibilities is that somehow he insert a trojan horse or remote access software or keylogger to your computer. this is a bit trickier to handle.

try to change your password. usually this will help if the hacker have no mean to retake your password. you can also try to use virtual keyboard (windows default program) to do every login since it is theoritically save from most keylogger. hope this help.