This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recruiter viewed my LinkedIn profile and requested to "connect" with me, now what?
06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Recruiter viewed my LinkedIn profile and requested to "connect" with me, now what?
I recently applied for a recruiting position about 5 days ago. The next day I saw that the recruiter viewed my LinkedIn profile. The day after she sent me a "connection" request, which is similar to "friending" someone on Facebook.

I am just curious as to what I should do now. This all happened on Monday/Tuesday and today it is Friday night. She did not call/email/or contact me in anyway. I noticed that this morning she reposted the job opening on her profile inviting candidates to apply. I am assuming that she viewed my profile and was not interested in contacting me for the position. I just don't understand why she requested to connect with me on LinkedIn if she had not interest in my profile. My profile is NOT private and she can see everything she needs to without "connecting" with me. I do not know this woman at all so I know it cannot be for any personal reasons. The only other connects I have on LinkedIn are former classmates and colleagues, she is the only recruiter to every request me.

Should I message her on LinkedIn inquiring about the position, or seeing if we can speak on the phone? I am not certain of proper etiquette …but I am looking to be a recruiter and I know people in this field need to be fearless and need to work hard to get what they want!

Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 01:15 PM

You. Blew. It.

She was seeing if you had the social network savvy to be a recruiter. You failed to connect with her in a quick manner.

Ads

06-01-2014, 01:31 PM

There would be nothing wrong with contacting this person. What is your hesitation to build connections on Linked In among people you don't know? That is how you build a network. I have about 500 contacts and they are almost 100% from my industry, but I probably only have personally met 200 or so of them.