This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do i need to pay for seo placement?
06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
do i need to pay for seo placement?
i'm using go daddy and they are going to charge me for seo placement. is this legit?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 12:01 AM

do it yourself - won't cost anything

if someone else is doing something for you - of course it's going to cost something, but you won;t get your money's worth - there are no guarantees you will ever end up highly placed in any search engine - unless you specifically pay the search engine for high placement and you won't get your money's worth that way either

Ads

06-02-2014, 12:05 AM

What exactly are they saying you will get for your money? I'm not sure what they're defining as "SEO Placement". You can't pay anyone to "make" you rank higher on Google. You can pay a company money and they will work with you and your website to achieve a higher ranking - they can do things such as rearranging your content, your structure, etc., and that may increase your ranking. But you couldn't pay a company money and automatically move up ... it can't be "bought".
06-02-2014, 12:07 AM

SEO Placement is tricky. What they often will do is build backlinks for you, but the problem is, its hard to tell if this will help anymore. I attempted to build backlinks myself and my site was banned from Google. So somebody who is doing SEO better know what they are doing, because placing the wrong types of backlinks throughout the internet will get your site banned. I wouldn't risk it.

One thing I do know, Google bans based on the types of links:
"No follow links" Some websites have it programmed into their site to tell search engines that your link is a no follow link. Yahoo Answers is one of them. So while posting links on some sites will help your website rank higher, posting too many on sites like Yahoo Answers can get you banned from Google. Google looks at all your backlinks across the internet, and if a large portion of your links are no follow links, they will consider you to be a spammer and ban your site. Another thing they look for is too many non-no follow links. Because they know that pros who figured out about no follow links started avoiding them to have only quality links. So if you dont have enough no follow links, thats also bad. They also look for links with the same type of anchor text each time (I dont feel like explaining this, google anchor text links).

It's very hard to do SEO these days because Google is always changing what they look for and figuring out how to tell the difference between people posting their own links, or links being naturally posted by people who dont own the sites. So if the SEO people that you hire don't know what they are doing, it could be very bad for your site.
06-02-2014, 12:20 AM

It's not necessary. Go daddy is known for upsells. While it might take a little longer, it's always best to learn how to do your own SEO placement. You'll have full control over how to keep your site up in the ranking.

If you do the Go Daddy route once, and they do it, and your rank starts slipping, will they charge you again if you want them to help you out a second time? Consider those things as your business grows and if you add more and more websites. It can get costly.

Learn to do it on your own. They shouldn't be charging you automatically. Uncheck the box. However, there is a mandatory ICANN fee of $0.21. That's unavoidable.
06-02-2014, 12:36 AM

“SEO Placement” is very ambiguous – and if a company is not clarifying what they mean by it – I’d probably pass.

SEO takes time (and sometimes) some money. If you know (or know someone else who knows) what SEO is all about and how it works – the less money you will need to shell out.

But what are you getting for your money?

Unless you know PRECISELY what your dollars are buying with “seo services” – you are probably better off reading a book about SEO. And if someone is guaranteeing top placement at the major Search Engines - be careful. There are tons of SEO scams out there.