This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is this possible that I use google + hangout API and use the video chat feature of hangout.?
06-02-2014, 01:45 AM
How is this possible that I use google + hangout API and use the video chat feature of hangout.?
Some Requirements along with the video chattings are:

We as a website can monitor the video chatters, can disconnect anyone.

Limit the amount of time user can have the particular video chat.

one to one chat.

one to many chat.

Store the information like who chatted with whom for what time.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 01:54 AM

Google Hangouts is one of the best chat services around, but its lack of a native desktop client irks many users.Flamingo is a third-party Google Hangouts and Facebook chat client that integrates beautifully with OS X and works as you would expect an official client to. It’s everything Google Hangouts should be, but isn’t.

Flamingo is simple, but extremely functional. It works with multiple Gmail addresses at the same time, so you’re able to be signed in to more than one account at once, unlike the official Google Hangouts extension.

Google hasn’t opened the Hangouts API to let third-party developers open video hangouts, so Flamingo isn’t able to initiate or receive calls just yet. The developer is hopeful that the company will eventually allow non-official apps to initiate calls but Google is yet to budge in that area.

Despite this, Flamingo still comes in very useful, simply for the ability to be logged into multiple Google accounts in the background at the same time without the need for Chrome. It’s surprising Google still hasn’t built a better Hangouts client, but Flamingo’s done it for them.

Flamingo is available for $9.99 in the Mac App Store right now and while the price may be hard to swallow for many, I believe that it’s well worth the money — despite the current lack of video calling — to get a real desktop chat client.
So instead of Google hangout you should try Flamingo.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply