This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to protect yourself from hackers on FB?
06-02-2014, 04:42 AM
how to protect yourself from hackers on FB?
so my friend was threatened by a hacker online and guess what he did hack his FB. I want to know how I can protect my FB from these hackers. HELP!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 04:49 AM

Put your account on private.

Ads

06-02-2014, 05:01 AM

Make sure that no one knows your email addres, make a useless other profile on FB and connect them. That way if you can get hacked you can get it back by the other FB. In the privacy options you have an option that if someone logs on on your FB, they will first need to enter the code which is needed to appear on your mobile like a message from facebook. With out that code they wont have a chance to log.
06-02-2014, 05:07 AM

First step is to set the account so it can't be searched. Second is to NEVER EVER EVER click on a bit.ly links or any shortened links, especially if they are asking you to log into your FB page (this is a common method for hackers to reroute through their computer and see what you are typing). Ensure the email address is NOT public. Keep your system clean of ALL malicious software (most virus scanners and anti malware software only scans for one or two types of malicious software, you need to look for Viruses, key loggers, spyware, malware, worms, and malicious scripts). Never share your information with ANYONE online, and never log in on multiple devices, especially computers you do not own (since these can have malware and in turn compromise your account). Lastly ALWAYS be sure of what you're downloading, if you're unsure about something, it's ALWAYS handy to have a Virtual machine you can use to check it out with first!