This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Search engine optimization (SEO)?
06-02-2014, 10:21 AM
What is Search engine optimization (SEO)?
Ok I read That - Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" search results. Now what I need to know is how do I use this SEO to promote my website, I'm confuse. Please walk me step by step.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM

You need to pick keywords that people will search for and pay to have your website come up closer to the top of the search results. For example if you only want to pay .20 per search on "apples" but someone is paying .25 their website will come up first.

Ads

06-02-2014, 10:39 AM

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results, or the higher it "ranks," the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

The acronym "SEO" can also refer to "search engine optimizers," a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site, SEO tactics may be incorporated into web site development and design. The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe web site designs, menus, content management systems and shopping carts that are easy to optimize.

Another class of techniques, known as black hat SEO or Spamdexing, use methods such as link farms and keyword stuffing that degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines. Search engines look for sites that employ these techniques in order to remove them from their indices.
06-02-2014, 10:46 AM

SEO is an important part of your business actually.

Search Engine Optimization is the way PEOPLE find YOU through search engines like Yahoo!, Google, MSN, etc.

SEO is the only way that improves your traffic from search engines.

So how you do it. To make it more clearer to you, let me give you an example.

Let's say I want to post content on my website, concerning Dogs. And I want people to know how to take care of their dogs. So I will be using words or phrases like "Dog Caring, Dog Parenting, etc".

I use it as OFTEN as I want to, and besides the more, the better.

So, I use Dog Caring and Dog Parenting. And when I go to Google or Yahoo 48 Hours later, I'm on the first page of the search results.

Why?

Because I've used "Dog Caring and/or Dog Parenting" as much as I could possibly use appropriately, and I got indexed.

So if you talk about "Affiliate Marketing for instance", you will use Affiliate Marketing as much as you can.

Hope this helps!
06-02-2014, 10:53 AM

The most effective way to advertise on the Internet is
to first set up a website and publish its domain name
on major search directories such as Google.com,
Yahoo.com [at http://www.google.com/addurl/?...... and
MSN.com since 85% of Internet shoppers rely on these
search directories to provide them with goods and
services. In a sense, these search directories are a
very large Internet Yellow Pages.

Nevertheless, should your website or opening webpage
fail to contain "generic" keywords, then anyone using
such "generic" queries will not be able to discover
your website. Your domain name [URL] of your website,
in a sense, will be invisible, undiscoverable.

You may want to consider some simple algorithms which,
when observed and committed in designing of a website
with placement of various critical metatags that can
surely achieve a high search engine presence and
increase Internet traffic to your website. These
metatag strategies work well with published webpages
at Google and Yahoo.

Design: Should you create an extensive Flash-based
website, make sure to fill-in the property entries
such as the Title, Description and Keywords. Failing
to do so, leaves no hard HTML or ALT resource that can
be readily indexed by search robots. Also consider the
Internet audience and their incoming setup. For
example, if they are on analog/dialup, Flash webpages
take too long to load up and therefore analog users
will likely lose interest and discontinue entering the
Flash site. On the other hand, anyone on hi-speed DSL
lines, will welcome Flash pages which load quickly. So
before designing a pure Flash websitge, ask the simple
question, "Who's my end user - is he on dialup or
DSL?" And if you had to choose between these two users
for maximum marketability, then select analog users
since 80% of most resident users are still analog
Internet subscribers and pure HTML designed webpages
is best for them.

A non-Flash-based website which relies on hard text,
is far easier to be indexed by search robots. Limit
the use of stylized text saved as .gifs since as a
graphic, they are not indexable by search robots.

Avoid use of frames since any number of search robots
are unable to properly classify textual material.

Placement of Metatags:

A ranking or search order does take place with Google
and Yahoo and it begins with the "Title" metag which
should consist of no more than 65 characters separated
by commas. The "Title" should describe in generic
terms, the goods and services, followed by a location
from which the resource is located, i.e., city, state.
The placement of a domain name which is not generic
within the "Title" is not appropriate, unless your
domain name is a major recognizable brand name.

The second metatag is the "Description" which is
usually 25-30 words to form a complete sentence which
best describes one's goods and services.

And the very last category - "Keywords" are also
somewhat limited to 15-16 words which can be plural
and compound in nature. Again, avoid multiple entries
which could be mistaken as "spamdexed entries" which
is defined as the loading, and submission of
repetitive words into a particular metatag category.
"Spamdexing" when discovered on a webpage and reported
to Google's spamreport.com can result in the
elimination of your website from their search
directory.

Good luck!
06-02-2014, 10:57 AM

I have been learning this myself and have had some success, however I am not really all that happy with the results.

I blog on high ranking sites related to my website and each blog piece points back at me. I am constantly revising my site as I see small things that are successful for increasing my traffic.

Title page names have been renamed to pick up higher search rankings, I have italic key words in my language on the pages, I have bold keywords in my paragraphs for help, I have underlined keywords in my paragraphs for extra help. I have shoved in extra keyword phrases for the benefit of search engines.

All these help, understand web crawlers and related machines might take up to several weeks to read your site after changes, nothing is instant.

I google myself in many ways and click at least everyday. I bit of faster help. It is tough, however I do it myself because SEO is expensive to pay somebody for.
06-02-2014, 11:00 AM

I recommend that you go to http://www.cybertouch.info/seo/seo-rooki... to check details like title length, meta tags...

It doesn't really matter what keywords you use for subpages as long as your page is optimized for them and your content is a match.

As long as you build backlinks to your site and subpages, you'l be going in the right direction!
06-02-2014, 11:07 AM

Search Engine Optimization is a set of methods which are used to increase the ranking of a website or you can also define it as it is a process which is used to improve the visibility of a website on search engines.
First of all keyword research is very important. Do keyword research and find out what keywords are related to your website. Then the next step is onsite SEO and after this step the final step is offsite SEO.
06-02-2014, 11:22 AM

Search engine optimization or SEO is the art of placing your website in the first few pages of a search engine for a strategically defined set of keywords. In simple words it means that your website will appear on the first page of a search engine like Google, when someone searches for your product or service.

Why Search Engine Optimization?

Major search engines command over 400 million searches everyday, day after day. Search engine optimization (SEO) helps you get this piece of the pie, which you might be losing otherwise to your competition.

SEO offers a much better return on investment than other traditional forms of internet marketing like banner campaigns and email marketing.

SEO helps you capture targeted traffic... people who are already looking for the product or service you offer.

SEO is a long term and permanent answer to your traffic woes. Once a website has been optimized for search engines it can stay at the top for long periods of time.

The objective of Search Engine Optimization Services (SEO) is to increase web visitor counts by ranking very high in the results of searches using the most appropriate keywords describing the content of your site. This relative ranking is often viewed as a struggle to best use a few keywords, instead of a struggle to out-do your competition. If you search on your target keywords, you will see the leading site in the rankings. All you need to do is to be better than that number one site. This page suggests ways to optimize and improve search engine rankings with placement advice, SEO tips, information, hints, and clues to improve your search engine keywords relative to existing leaders. After all, better keyword ranking is your real objective.

It is not enough to simply add META tags and do search engine submission of your site to a million search engine indexes and directories. The first placement step in obtaining significant web visitor counts is to seek first-page search engine results. An early step is to build a great content-rich site. One of the last steps is the proper submission of your great site to the search engine or directory. In the middle is a step that is VITAL if you want to obtain front-page results. Most sites skim past this step because it is forgotten or too complex, but without competent Search Engine Optimization you are destined to be search engine fodder.

Search engine optimization services provided by Wizz O Tech are customized to fit your requirements keeping in perspective long term business goals. We work hard to maximize your return on investment in internet marketing and search engine optimization.