This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spelling and grammar for this paragraph.?
06-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Spelling and grammar for this paragraph.?
Hi! I need help checking for spelling and grammar in this paragraph. Also, I struggle with clarity in my sentences. If any one can help it would be great! Thank youuu! Smile)

One…two…three…one...two…three…I counted slowly and repeatedly in my head as I carefully washed my hands. The counting was second nature, it was a part of me. I returned to the waiting area where I pressed my body on a bench where the smell of incense penetrated the wood. As I waited for my parent’s to finish their monthly visit with the church psychologist, I could not help but think about the magazines my sister brought home for me. Big bold letters that read, “ANIEXTY,” “OCD,” with pictures of distressed individual’s underneath. Abruptly, my parents swung the door upon and called me in, they left the room and I was suddenly in questioning with the psychologist. He asked a series of questions on my counting habits. Eventually, tears ran down my cheeks like sprinkled holy water. The psychologist slowly got up hugged me and said a prayer that would break me. As time passed I slowly lost the counting but only in fear of being different. When I was six religion and social media was not the right approach for my obsession, because I did not understand neither one, and their influence was not significant. However, as I grew older and I understood my faith I realized the importance of those tears that made me feel human, unlike the indifference I felt from the magazines.
This is the last sentence! It did not fit! lol

Faith can be a useful technique in mental health treatment. However, bias and lack of understanding that is carried from both sides can often limit progress in mental health.
I came here for honest help on grammar and spelling not "sophomoric" comments from an individual who evidently thinks too highly of herself.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM

OMG, the drama. This level of sophomoric prose just creeps me out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply