This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EBAY SELLER sold me BOOTLEG DVD that does not work what can I DO ABOUT THIS?!?
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
EBAY SELLER sold me BOOTLEG DVD that does not work what can I DO ABOUT THIS?!?
I bought Riddick dvd from this seller for super cheap, the thing was bootleg and did not play, I contacted them and got aggressive reply trying to blame me refusing refund. the seller insulted me, and said I insulted him for saying it was counterfeit. saying I could return it and if he finds I was lying that it does work that not only will I not get anything from him but I would not get refund either. well ofcourse Im not taking that chance from a seller that was as mean and blaming calling me the scammer as he was. for all I know he'd not refund my money even if it did not work. so I left bad feedback. he replied to it saying I was scamming him that I wanted to return bootleg copy in place of the one he sold. me. in another feedback someone left from the same listing, item , price of the dvd I bought said the same thing, that it was bootleg. the other bad feedbacks this seller had say that he was aggressive and blamed him. I guess I was stupid to not check feedback before buying. so Im stuck with this bootleg dvd that doesn't work, and no money. is there ANYTHING I can do about this. I just sent another msg to the person calling him out on his lies and aggressiveness demanding a refund for such an item, was that right to do? I don't want to argue or cause trouble, but this is not right! what can I do about this?!?!?!?!?!?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 12:58 PM

Write a seller review saying he ripped you off and cut your loses and forget about it, tbh there is no need to buy dvds because you can stream the all on the internet for free.If you ever buy anything on Ebay make sure and use paypal and see if the seller gives refunds and has a good star rating.You could also report him for copyright but that implicates you also so like i said give him a bad review and leave it.Its only a dvd so it couldn't have cost that much.I once bought a pair of Timberland boots from a "reputable" seller on ebay and the sole fell off one of the boots within the first week I didn't even bother trying to get my £90 back and never used ebay again.

Ads

06-02-2014, 01:13 PM

That film has just come out. If the film does not work its not fit for the purpose so the seller is breaking the sale of goods act. You can request a refund from the seller here are the details.
06-02-2014, 01:25 PM

ebay and paypal both have buyer protection, if the listing didnt say it was a bootleg contact them