This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Chat not working?
06-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Facebook Chat not working?
So on one of my computers (computer A), my mother is having trouble accessing the chat window on. She cant even see "friends on chat" on the left side of the screen. Whenever she clicks on the chat bar, she gets a message that pops up and reads "A Faster Way to Message Just click to start a conversation with the friends you message the most. Learn More or Hide This". My mother has none of these problems when using computer B but I can already tell that her facebook page looks a little bit different than mine.

I log onto computer A and find that I have the same problem but I can see friends on chat on the left side of the screen. I already cleared my internet cache on computer A and upgraded Internet Explorer to the latest version. I hear from some people that this problem may be because Facebook is different according to each person using it. Anyone know what might be the solution to this?
UPDATE: Actually having this problem on computer B now. I don't know whats going on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 12:34 AM

whisper to it

Ads

06-03-2014, 12:46 AM

they changed the chat...to be incredibly stupid
06-03-2014, 12:51 AM

My wife is experiencing the exact same problem. I've rebooted her computer, and just can't seem to get past this problem. No sure whats wrong.
06-03-2014, 12:55 AM

have you tried opening facebook with the right click and opening it in an incognito window?The site wont recognize your computer , so it has allowed me to avoid a bug which had placed remove bg and background buttons on my wall which accessed my computers photos and placed an over sized ad above the feed. Hope it works 4 u.
06-03-2014, 12:57 AM

Exactly the same problem. Do tell me if you know why its happening
06-03-2014, 01:10 AM

Hi guys, we all are so unhappy. but i have a solution, not the best, but better than nothing.
http://www.facebook.com/pr​esence/popout.php

the chat appears on a sepparate window.

good luck!
06-03-2014, 01:16 AM

Facebook developers messed it up, not our fault, because they wanted to change something new. It's from FB servers so it doesn't affect your computers. You have to wait it out until they fix everything.