This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I put my computer in sleep mode, and I lose Internet connections?
06-03-2014, 05:18 AM
I put my computer in sleep mode, and I lose Internet connections?
I just got a new Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista about two weeks ago. Every time it goes into sleep mode, I lose internet connection. I will do the Lock shortcut (Windows icon button + L) and I lose internet connection that way too.

How can I fix this?
Thank you so much!
I went to power options and saw nothing about keeping the internet connection during sleep?
Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 05:25 AM

easy.

anytime a computer goes to sleep, it disables the internet connection. theres a way to set it up so that when you walk away from the computer, it logs out of your account but keeps the internet connection.

Ads

06-03-2014, 05:32 AM

my mac does that. i just restart the computer
06-03-2014, 05:47 AM

You need to go into your control panel and open "Power Management" (you might have to switch to "Classic View" to see this -- I can't remember.

It will allow you to choose what stays awake and what goes to sleep.
06-03-2014, 06:04 AM

This is due to the Power Management for energy saving. You may change the settings via Control Panel -> Mobile PC -> Change Battery Settings. You may see a list of options available, if you want your computer NOT to turn off (while idle), just change it here :-)