This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My mum stalks me on twitter and everything. How can I get her out?
06-03-2014, 09:16 AM
My mum stalks me on twitter and everything. How can I get her out?
So one time I tweeted "flooded my bathroom again...oops" and she replied "something to be proud of I suppose" like why the hell does she has twitter , she's like 40 and doesn't need it! And then I blocked her, and now she is stalking me like going on my ipad or something and reading my dm's to people. One was to my best friend saying that some guy who was decent liking was fit who follows her, only becaus she sed I have loads of fit followers or famous later on in the day, so I messaged her to make her feel better than this guy was fit! And my mum saw it! She's soooo judgemental !!! And I asked this girl to ask him to follow me cos he is like kinda half famous. And I tweeted him saying "follow be please im your biggest fan #loveyou" and now I bet my mum thinks I'm some freak who is obsessed wth fit people!!!! How can I get her not to stalk me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Block her

Ads

06-03-2014, 09:42 AM

Block her and put passwords on your laptop/iPad/phone or whatever you use
06-03-2014, 09:47 AM

Have you tried...
Changing your password,
Making a pin entry for your Ipad,
Or even,
Making a new twitter?
Maybe this is the best idea, but make it so that it's not obvious that it's you, such as name and photo..

Your mum sounds very protective, but don't worry, my mum is friends with me on facebook, and i've realised that anything I don't want her to see is set to "custom" and none of her friends can see it either! (So they don't pass on information!!!!)
06-03-2014, 09:50 AM

She'd be a bad mom if she didn't know what you were doing on the internet. Suck it up.
06-03-2014, 10:04 AM

The first thing you could do is talk to her? Ask her not to, she could just be doing it to embarrass you, or protect you I guess! My mum done it too, I just told her to stop and she did but if not you could always put a password on your iPad so she couldn't see and block her on all your social networking sites, if she asks why.. say it was her own fault. Hahahaha
06-03-2014, 10:12 AM

I hate Twitter and I'm 44! I find it egotistical and time consuming. Not to mention, I have nothing interesting enough to believe the World would find me fascinating enough to want to follow me. But, dumb down on all your tweets. Make them as boring as possible that she'll stop looking at it. Give it a few weeks and keep your conversation limited to her about private things. When she sees and thinks you're not doing anything, she'll lose interest in Twitter and find something else to do. Good luck
06-03-2014, 10:22 AM

She will always be able to see your Tweets if she knows your Twitter name. You may want to start a second account (privately) and tell your friends about it...but not your mom. If you are afraid of losing your numbers of followers, just go to a reputable company (ie Mohr Publicity) and they will add 10,000 active followers for a very small amount. Don't just buy them anywhere or you will just get banned. Now you can tweet your real thoughts to friends, and tweet "mom friendly" tweets once in a while on your old account.