This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do we run out of internet so quickly?
06-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Why do we run out of internet so quickly?
We have 200gb of internet per month, but nearly every single month we use it all up. We end up using about 10gb per day on average, and we have no idea how we could use that much. there are 4 people in our family, and two of them barely use it, they use the internet on their phones, and they never run out when they get about 4gb per month on their phones. any ideas of what could be causing this and how we could fix it are much appreciated.
we know that youtube and watching movies uses a lot of data, but we know people who watch youtube more than us, and they barely use15 gb a month. we have called our providers, and they have provided no help, and their only suggestion was to get a bigger plan but I think 200gb is big enough.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 04:35 PM

on going background apps, data roaming, viruses , videos ( esp youtube) is terrible for chewing up data and when u download apps games music videos whatever it chews up allowence then

Ads

06-03-2014, 04:46 PM

We&#x27;ll it depends ... They could be on youtube or downloading something with big megabytes, or watching a movie.
06-03-2014, 04:49 PM

Do you watch Netflix all day, or any other sort of videos. If not it's more than likely a virus. My family of four hardly gets 1gb a month on our phones. I would suggest talking to your providers. If they don't know anything go to geek squad.
06-03-2014, 04:52 PM

It's possible someone is hacking your wireless and using your connection for free.
ANYTHING that is wireless can be hacked.
06-03-2014, 04:59 PM

If your connection is unprotected, someone else nearby may be hi-jacking your wifi connection. About how fast (in a number of days) do you use it up? Because 10gb a day for 30 days is well past 200gb.
06-03-2014, 05:01 PM

You have not said exactly what video services you use, but if you use Netflix that could explain the issue. Netflix uses a minimum of 300 MB per hour and a maximum of 2.61 GB per hour. I am an avid Netflix streaming user and my data usage as not been under 200 GB in over three years.